Are you an experienced UX/UI designer willing to design software for heavy construction machines? If yes, we have good news for you.
Novatron is hiring a Senior UX/UI designer and your profile is what we are seeking. In short, Novatron is a technology company focused on earthmoving automation and jobsite digitalization.
- You will design digital interfaces for our machine control systems used in heavy work and construction machines such as excavators, wheel loaders, dozers, and surface drills.
- You will shape the user experience of our machine control systems, together with our product managers, developers, engineers, industrial designers, and other stakeholders.
- You will develop the design processes and methodologies in our organization and help build the foundation for a future UX design team inside Novatron.
- You will approach the design process with a user-centered design mindset. This means you will interview users to understand how to design effective interfaces for their work. Every now and then, you will meet with construction workers at construction sites, wearing proper safety equipment.
This job is for you if you…
- Are an experienced designer willing to have ownership of the UX/UI design of machine control systems.
- Like complex systems. Just think about how many systems, sensors, and antennas are involved in designing how an excavator control system works.
- Wants to do design research in construction sites to observe how our product is used by end users in their working tasks.
- Have an interest in civil engineering and technology. We design for heavy machines used in earthmoving and the construction of roads, buildings, and pipelines among other things.
- Want to have autonomy on how to conduct your work, but also understand that collaboration with other professionals and users is key for delivering a better user experience.
- Work well with Figma, Adobe XD and Illustrator.
- Speak fluent Finnish and English.
- Can be a couple of days per week at our Pirkkala office for on-site team collaboration and are willing to occasionally travel in Finland for field research.
- Experience with Qt is a bonus.
We are a technology company focused on earthmoving automation offering open solutions for digitalizing earthmoving jobsites and robotizing earthmoving machinery.
We develop, manufacture, and supply hardware and software to increase the productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability of the earthmoving industry. Our customers are earthmoving contractors and construction equipment manufacturers.
Our headquarters is located in Pirkkala, Finland. We are a team of 140+ professionals and have over 30 years of experience in the field of machine control.
We are part of German MOBA Mobile Automation AG, a globally recognized trusted partner for supplying high-quality solutions for earthmoving, road construction, cranes and lifters, waste management, mining, and agriculture.
This recruitment process is managed by our partner Alpha Design Partners. If you have questions about this position please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you have already decided to apply, send your CV + portfolio to email@example.com.